It’s all about using a little tact and sense to find the right clothes for you. The art of ‘dress-to-slim’ is using a combination of dressing techniques that make you look good. A lot of us crave for the perfect physique, a great canvas for a style, but with our time-squeezed schedule, it might not be possible to fit in those extra gym hours. So, here are a few style tips which explore the science of deceptiom to make you look thinner -
- The magic lies in the art of optics so as to give an impression of being taller. Choose vertical stripes instead of horizontal and always pair them with spare minimals.
- Don’t go for contrasting shades. If you happen to pair your white shirt with a pair of dark trousers, layer it a similar dark-shaded jacket.
- In case of striped outfits, the stripes should be thinner and less perceptible. Thick and bright stripes physically enhance your look but also drive attention to your frame. So, opt for pinstripe suits and barely-visible striped pants.
- Keep the horizontal features on your outfit to a bare minimum like the obvious pockets and belts with large buckles or patches.
- Always dress your size. Oversized t-shirts and shirts offer a baggy and unmaintained look. Avoid them at all costs.
With all these done-and-tested rules, you simply can’t land up on a finished look unless you add a few accessories to it. As real as it gets, accessories are a highly necessary fashion staple that’s sure to transcend your look to the next level. Having said this, you get to save a whopping 25% off on full-priced accessories at BR only today, September 5, 2014. Once you’re through shopping, enter the valid Banana Republic online voucher code BR25NOW at checkout to redeem the discount. Have a great time shopping with Banana Republic online vouchers!